Position Title: Wellness Assistant
Hours: Part-time, Monday-Friday (12 hours)
Provide confidential supportive listening and information as necessary to older adults who have been referred or have self-referred to the program with the intention of meeting the following outcomes:
Social contact with other people- increase connection
Increase in feelings of value
Increase in self-worth
Establishment of meaningful connection
General well-being and improvement of quality of life
Prevention as safety concerns are identified early allowing for early intervention
• Assess and elevate crisis calls when needed and link callers to local community resources when necessary.
• Utilize a 2-1-1 and other resources to provide community referral information to participants via mailed correspondence, email or curbside pick-up
• Maintain accurate data collection and provide data to Center’s Social Service department.
Role Specifications and Required Qualifications:
• Current vulnerable person check.
• Sensitivity to the variety of issues that callers will be presenting with, including mental health and/or addictions.
• Some knowledge of mental health and/or addictions and community resources.
• Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Fluency in English. Bi-lingual ability optional
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be able to sit for a few hours at a time.
• Must be able to maintain a calm demeanor and stay focused in a changing environment;
• Must be able to steer conversations to remain appropriate, welcoming, safe, and non-judgmental. SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org cc Subject line: Wellness Assistant